RAISED TO LIFE.
WHY BE BAPTIZED?
- Christ was baptized (Matthew 3:13-15) and he commanded us to baptize others (Matthew 28:19-20).We baptize by immersion.
- Baptism is administered to believers as a declaration of their faith in Jesus as Savior; telling the world they are truly his followers (Matthew 10:32).
- Baptism doesn’t make you a believer; it shows that you already are one. The act of baptism isn’t what saves you. Only faith in Christ does that (Ephesians 2:8-9). Baptism is symbolic – an outward act of an inward spiritual change that has already taken place.
- Baptism identifies us with Jesus. Going in and out of the water illustrates Christ going in and out of the grave. St. Paul wrote it this way: “…When we became Christians and were baptized to become one with Christ Jesus, we died with him. For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.” (Romans 6:3-4). Baptism illustrates and confirms that our old life of sin is done and a new life in Christ has started.
WHAT IS BAPTISM?
- Baptism doesn’t make you a believer – it shows that you already believe. Baptism does not “save” you, only your faith in Jesus does that. Baptism is like a wedding ring – its the outward symbol of the commitment you make in your heart.
- Baptism illustrates Christ’s burial and resurrection (Colossians 2:12)
- Baptism illustrates my new life as a follower of Jesus (Romans 6:4)
- Every believer in Jesus should be baptized as soon as they believe (Acts 2:41)
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT BEING BAPTIZED, EMAIL PASTORJIML.HARVEST@GMAIL.COM OR CALL 716-679-0987
NEXT BAPTISM IS TBD
Want to be baptized? Sign up below!
The Bible says that all professing Christians should be baptized (Matthew 28:18-20). Whether you've been following Jesus for a long time and never got baptized or are a new Christian, we would be honored to baptize you!